Tuesday, October 27, 2009
We are so excited to have 2 of 3 home! Campbell came home on 10/22 and he has been so good. (The pic above is from the hospital, need to download my new pics!) Two is really not much harder than one since I can feed them both at the same time. Adding the 3rd is going to be a challenge, although we cannot wait to get Christian home!!! Maybe I can figure out how to grow an extra set of hands before then. I really am so lucky, Campbell and Katherine are such good babies. They just eat and go right to sleep, Campbell has been in his own bed since night #1! When I put them down they just grunt back and forth for a bit, like "I am over here!" It is cute. Even when they are awake they are just content with looking around. Sammie has been good. When they do cry to eat he is so anxious to see what the problem is and give them kisses.
Christian is still at the NICU, he is progressing, but slowly. They just have to constantly remind me that he should not even be born yet! They have said the Christian is actually "normal', they other 2 are just ahead of the game. They have started putting a "thickener" in his milk to see if that helps. They said sometimes the milk goes down too quick and it is scary to them so this will help slow it down. We will see!
Jennifer and Shelby
Monday, October 19, 2009
1. Aunt Sarah came in from Montana to visit, we hung out at the hospital all day with the Trio! It was love at first sight, but who can't love these little babes?
2. Katherine came home on 10/15!!! Let the sleepless nights begin!
3. I learned Katherine does not like being by herself, I knew that co-bedding would come back to bite me.
4. Justice, the trio's half sister, came in and met Katherine! Since you have to be 18 to go into the NICU she was not able to meet the boys...but hopefully soon!
5. Sammie LOVES Katherine. He lays next to her, sniffs her and gives her kisses when he can sneak by me.
6. Katherine had her first trip to the pediatrician on 10/19. She isn't supposed to be born yet and she is already in the 5th percentile! I had some BIG babies!
7. Campbell will likely be home Wednesday or Thursday!
8. Not sure about Christian, he is still struggling a bit. They found some fluid on his lungs, I hope once they get rid of that he will progress quickly to join everyone else. It is going to absolutely kill me to have him at the hospital all by himself! :( Pray for him!!!
9. Katherine was home to help celebrate my Dad's birthday, that was special. Having babies helps you to save money on gifts, all you have to do is let them hold your baby and all is forgiven!!!
10. I had my 2 week follow up appointment and got my driver's license back...woo hoo! I also lost 48 lbs in 2 weeks, even better!!!
11. I got so much cool stuff for all my showers, but never took the time to learn how they "operate"! I had to use the hospital bottles for the first 48 hours Katherine was home since I never learned to use my Dr Brown bottles! I also had to call Shelby so he could explain to me over the phone how to get the car seat off the base. Learn this BEFORE your baby comes!!!
12. I have the greatest family and friends. Everyone has been so helpful by bringing dinners, checking on us and helping us while we have kids in two locations! Can't wait to have everyone under one roof!!!
Well, that is the past 2 weeks in a nutshell!!
Jen and Shelby
Sunday, October 4, 2009
Hello! Sorry I have not posted more often. I have been spending as much time at the NICU as I can and I am typically wiped out when I get home! As I recover more I think this will change. I do feel better each day, but being on bed rest for 9 weeks did not help either. I am so weak and have NO endurance! I was running 12-15 miles a week when I got pregnant, now I am thrilled when I walk all the way to the NICU and NOT have to take a wheel chair! It's the small victories.
As far as the babies go, they are doing better each day. All 3 are now above their birth weights, the largest one (Campbell) is still just under 5.5 lbs. They look so big to me, but then I see a "normal" new born and they look tiny again! All 3 are being given 2 of the 8 feedings by bottle. They eat as much as they can then they put the rest in the feeding tube if needed. As with their mama, they are just building up their strength and endurance to take all 8 feedings from the bottle! They were actually moved up to the 7th floor this week. The NICU got full and they were in the best shape of all the babies so they got promoted! I am thrilled with every step they make as I am anxious to get them home. I know I should be enjoying this time and resting up, but I can't explain how it pains me to leave them behind each day I leave the NICU. I know they are watched around the clock, but it is not by me and I can't stand that.
They really are starting to develop little personalities. They are more alert close to their feeding time. I think Campbell is going to be the "tough guy" and Katherine seems to be really laid back and content with life. Christian is definitely going to be the "baby" of the family. He certainly acts like the youngest! Today we got a good laugh because Katherine was so hungry she was trying to suck on everything that came near her. This included Christian's blanket, his fingers, her sleeve and her blanket....Christian tried to suck on her head later so he paid her back. Campbell got his thumb in his mouth briefly, I guess we will see if he gets that coordination down.
Well, that is about all to report at this time! Nothing too exciting, except they get cuter each and every day!
Thanks again for all of your thoughts and prayers!
Jennifer and Shelby